Mutant Football League
Submitted by: C.A.
Tips & Tricks:
* Try to avoid throwing into double and triple coverage if possible.
* Save your dirty tricks for 3rd/4th down situations
* Save dirty tricks for drives at the end of each half
(they refresh after each half)
* It’s better to through the ball out of bounds sometimes when opponent
uses a dirty trick that can kill or force fumble on contact.
(You can do this by pressing Triangle or Y button)
* Run out of bounds or dive to avoid getting hit too brutally, you don’t
want one of your star players to get killed easily.
* You can hold down the receiver icon pass button to add more power
to your pass
* If the defense has bribed the ref, use your “bribe ref” dirty trick
instead of using “kill ref”
* Try messing around with the bench option in the playbook if you want
certain receivers on the field.
* Some teams have an “Attack QB” Dirty Trick. This causes the defense
to jump offside and kill the QB. Run away and try to press the timeout
button before they kill you.
* You can use L1 or LB to use a spin move to shed block
* Use “bribe ref” on opponent’s key drives, like a lead-taking or
* Remember that your dirty tricks come back after the first half for
offense and defense
* If you have 1 cornerback left on your roster, play the game in the
goal line defense formation.
* Use dirty trick on 3rd/4th down situations, or if in desperation.
* Some Dirty tricks are on a timer.
* Look out for the “bombs away” dirty trick. When playing the AI, you
usually get an indication that the ball is a bomb. Usually the ball
is kind of floaty and the intented receiver tries to avoid the ball.
* Many fields have hazards, when kicking, try to kick the ball into
or towards a hazard.
* Field goal points are based on distance. If the field goal distance
is in the 30s or less, you will get 3 points. If your field goal
distance is in the 40s, you will get 4 points. If you get a 50+
field goal, you will get 5 points.
* Getting a defensive TD on a PAT will give you 6 points instead of 2.